1. I will consider only the betterment of the breed when allowing a mating of Mastiffs, being conscious of controlling and eliminating inherited problems with the use of genetic testing as a tool. The breeder and stud dog owner shall plan each breeding without eh paramount intention of protecting the breed, and only when he or she is in a position to give proper care to both bitch and offspring. The breeder will make a lifelong commitment of responsibility for every puppy he or she produces.
2. I will not allow a bitch to be bred prior to her second birthday (24 months) nor shall any bitch be bred after her seventh (7) birthday. A bitch will not be bred more than once a year unless she does not whelp a litter, the litter is stillborn, consists of a single pup, or is part of a veterinarian's recommendation for treatment of pyometra. Any other reason for a bitch to be bred more than once a year would need to be stated in writing, along with a licensed veterinarian's certification of good health, to be received by the Secretary at least forty-five (45) days prior to the mating, for the Boards approval. I will keep updated records of all breedings.
3. I will not produce more than six (6) litters, owned, co-owned or leased in a twenty-four (24) month period. As a stud dog owner I will not knowingly allow my stud dog to be used in a program which has already produced more than six (6) litters in a twenty-four (24) month period or in any other way would be in violation of the PNMF Code-Of-Ethics, with the paramount intention of protecting the breed and being conscious of controlling and eliminating inherited problems.
4. I will sell a Mastiff only to a buyer whom I believe to be interested in the betterment of the breed or whose interest would not be inconsistent therewith. I will sell each Mastiff puppy/adult on a written contract signed by all parties. Said contract shall contain, but is not limited to, the following provisions:
a) Complete care and feeding instructions
b) A record of inoculations and worming with a recommended continuation schedule
c) Furnish a signed AKC registration or transfer form, unless written agreement is made with the buyer that such papers are withheld or are to follow.
d) Provide the buyer with a five (5) generation pedigree on the litter.
e) Provide the buyer with the name and address of the stud dog owner, and provide the stud dog owner with the names and addresses of all puppy buyers, including future updated address information.
f) A provision that ensures that the breeder is contacted whenever an owner can no longer keep a dog at any time in the dog's life.
g) Stipulate that the buyer have a veterinary check-up within five (5) working days of the sale to determine that the Mastiff is healthy. If the veterinarian determines the Mastiff is not in good health, the breeder will, upon the Mastiffs return, refund the purchase price or replace the Mastiff.
I will assist the owners of a puppy from my breeding, who develops a serious health problem, to get pertinent information that would be of use in getting proper care for the dog. Any obligation for genetic or hereditary defects the breeder offers would be specified in the above mentioned contract.
5. I will not knowingly sell or provide any Mastiff to a pet shop for resale, or to a broker/agent for resale, gift or prize.
6. I will not sell a puppy/adult who is sick, nor will I ship or deliver to the buyer a puppy less than eight (8) weeks old.
7. The breeder will assist in the placement of a Mastiff, should the buyer no longer be able to keep a Mastiff the breeder has sold or previously placed.
8. I will show good sportsmanship at all times, and in all matters relating to Mastiffs. I will maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity I will not knowingly make a misstatement of fact in any serious discussion or advertisement of my Mastiffs or the Mastiffs of any other PNMF member, that I might have with persons not qualified to judge the facts for themselves.